Landing is Inevitable

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Completion of the High Power Shunt for the Yak 54

It has been some time since I've done anything to complete the Yak 54. Projects have been coming in, and I have not had time to really put my head down and get the plane up and running.

It's been so long since I worked on the Yak, that I managed to trash three perfectly good planes. All rx-related problems. Sigh, it's one thing to crash by flying too low while showing off, it's another when it's totally out of your hands. I've gotta find a way to avoid all this shit, Fasst. :)

My new foldable plane!

Ok. Since I've already completed the plug for the shunt, it's time for me to complete the whole thing. The other part of the shunt will be on the red power lead of the ESC. The shunt will basically not let power flow to the ESC when the plug is out. Thus rendering the ESC un-armed and safe to handle the plane to the flight area.

A few things I took not of was the length of wire used on the plug side. So when I did extensions to the ESC power leads, I made sure both the red and black wires are as similar in length as possible. I'm not sure if any difference in length will have an adverse effect, but I'd rather not find out.





Soldering the gold connectors to the wires is more or less standard stuff. And this is how the shunt looks.

Next up, more work on the fuselage.

Signing off,
RandomTask

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home