Landing is Inevitable

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!



It's been a really long time since I've managed to fly consistently. Now I've finally managed to go flying for three weekends in a row. It feels great and the confidence is getting back into my thumbs. I feel especially comfortable flying the FunJet. It's currently my longest serving plane and is by far the hardiest too.









Flying the FunJet low and fast is especially fun. Seeing it just skim over the grass; extremely gratifying. It is my go-everywhere plane. Since it's a hand-launched plane, it will fly in any open field. The very large speed envelope also makes it comfortable to fly in all sorts of places. I think the ultimate challenge will be to fly the FunJet indoors.



Speaking of indoor planes, I still have my Ikarus Extra shockflyer to maiden. It's my lightest plane to date. Weighing in at a whopping 260grams, this plane is definitely not a contender for windy days, which by the way is a common occurance lately. Luckily there's the FunJet and the Fliton Element 30.







The Fliton Element 30 is definitely the best aerobatic plane I have ever owned. It tracks like its on rails and the uplines are really nice and straight. It's definitely a looker too. The covering for this plane is definitely one of the reasons I got it. And the side surface area is huge. Slow knife-edges need not be high alpha. The spins are predictable and will exit immediately once the sticks are put to neutral and the snaps are aggressive yet it will always maintain its heading. If I had only one word to describe this plane it will be, "Shiok-ah."






Yeah, that's an update on my current fleet of planes. Alot of my other planes are either sold off or decommissioned. The Extreme Flight Extra, EFlight Tensor, both FoamEIIx have been written off. But I really think my current fleet should last me quite some time.

Signing Off,
RandomTask

Punggol picture credits: Leon and John from DaddyHobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home